Writing may seem daunting, though a thank-you card need not be complicated. Expressing yourself should be a simple yet sincere token of your appreciation. If you’re wondering how best to extend your gratitude, there are plenty of options to choose from. Borrow and blend from our suggestions below to find something that resonates with you.
People respond to personalized messages, so be sure to mention them by name. Begin by writing “Dear [first name]” for close family or friends or “Dear [salutation + surname]” for more formality.
Signing off, sometimes known as a valediction, refers to the last few words above your signature. Choose from options like “Love,” “Sincerely,” “Warm regards,” or “Best wishes.” Your word choice may depend in part on how close you are to the person.
Thanking someone for their individual contribution is one way of letting them know you care. Choose from some of the following phrases to specifically express your gratitude.
• We’d like to express our gratitude for your thoughtful funeral donation. We’re blessed to have your support and know [deceased] thought highly of you.
• Thank you so much for your funeral gift in [deceased]’s honor. You and [deceased] shared a special bond, and your donation is comforting.
• As a family, we’re truly grateful for your generosity. Thank you for your thoughtful gesture in honor of [deceased].
• We’d like to thank you for sending such a beautiful flower arrangement. It helped to lift our spirits during this difficult time.
• We really appreciate the lovely flowers you sent for [deceased]’s passing. You’ve been so kind, and we’re blessed to have you in our lives.
• Your presence and service at [deceased]’s funeral was deeply appreciated. The day was difficult for all of us, and your thoughtful contributions helped us honor him the way he would’ve wanted.
• We’re so grateful for your presence and assistance at [deceased]’s memorial. Her service was beautiful, thanks in part to your selfless efforts.
• I’m incredibly grateful for your kind words and support at [deceased]’s memorial service. Your eulogy was deeply touching and we can’t thank you enough.
• Thank you kindly for speaking at [deceased]’s funeral. Your support means the world to us.
• Thank you so much for singing/playing at our family’s recent memorial service. Your talents were greatly appreciated!
• We’re so grateful for your contribution to [deceased]’s funeral. The day wouldn’t have been complete without you.
• Faith was important to [deceased], and she always enjoyed your sermons. Thank you so much for your heartfelt service in honor of her passing.
• Your words mean a lot to us every week and particularly this last Sunday. Thank you so much for offering to conduct the service on behalf of our beloved [deceased]; we’re forever grateful.
• The [deceased] family is deeply grateful for your selfless acts. We’re indebted to community members like you for your kindness and compassion.
• Thank you so much for your sincere help on behalf of our father, [deceased]. His survivors are contented by your care and compassion.
• Family meant everything to [deceased], and we know she would’ve appreciated your attendance. Thank you so much for your support during this difficult time; we’re forever grateful.
• I wanted to let you know how much it meant to see you at [deceased]’s funeral. We’re so blessed to have you in our lives.
• On behalf of the [deceased surname] family, thank you so much for attending [deceased]’s service. Your support is truly a blessing.
• Thank you so much for your presence at [deceased]’s funeral. We couldn’t have asked for better company, and we appreciate your love and kindness.
• We deeply appreciate your attendance at [deceased]’s service. Our family is touched to have such a supportive community.
• Showing your support meant a lot to all of us. Thank you so much for attending [deceased]’s funeral in honor of his passing.
Dropping a note to friends, family, and community members lets them know how much they’re appreciated. Your words of kindness are equally welcome. In case you need further guidance, we’re here to help. May you and your family find peace during this difficult time.